Monday, May 11, 2009

A Tuesday to top all Tuesdays I swear to God. First a visit from Darcy (not my favorite character in the world) looking for a run down of the weeks events and a pay check. We talked a little about our recent capture of one of this cities biggest drug lords but if you can believe it, that's not even the highlight of my week. I'm sitting in my office looking over some paper work on a new case when I get a call that there's been some sort of drive-by shooting. I head down to the scene to find no other than Donald Fish sitting on the ground surrounded by a crowd of people clutching his leg which appeared to be spouting blood. Since Fish was clearly not involved it would seem that the bullet may not have even been intended for him. The bullet had apparently come from a passing car so who knows who the shot was meant for or if it was even meant to be fired at all. After promising Fish I'd do all I could to figure out who was responsible for the hole in his calf I went on to continue this ridiculous day.
After dealing with the shooting incident I get another pleasant surprise radioed into me on my way back to the station. Back-up was requested at the Jaguar where some big shot rapper was apparently making quite the scene. I headed down there and just as I pulled up three cops were dragging the rapper handcuffed, out of the club. Some of the dancers frantically stood outside watching and ridiculing the man as he was dragged out. I spoke with Bite-Sized and it sounded like the man had gotten a little to fresh with one of the dancers and had apparently crossed whatever thin line existed between the dancers and the patrons at the Jaguar. On top of that, after thoroughly searching the rapper we found a gun which he did not have a license to be carrying, as well as enough weed to get pretty much the entire town high. Just what this city needs, a high profile arrest outside of a dingy strip club but I bet business for that nasty little club will be better than ever.
I head back to the station and am once again stopped by a giant crowd forming around the bank. I assumed the crowd had gathered for the weekly food market but a closer look revealed no such luck. There was a man standing on top of the three story bank waving his arms around and proclaiming that he was Jesus. How he got up there I have no idea but this was really just the cherry on top of an already wonderful day. The crowd that had gathered found this scene quite amusing while I was at a loss as to what to do with the man preaching to the crowd as if he were their savior. Fortunately after finishing his sermon he was coerced down by some sort of phsycotherapist that was called in who then assured me that he would be taken back to the psyche ward he had just been released from. After reassuring the crowd that the show was over and that they needed to break it up and clear out I finally made it back to the station. When I got there I received the worst news of the day. Apparently one of the inmates being held in our police station had escaped and was loose in the neighborhood and there wasn't much luck yet with hunting him down. Just perfect. So after hitting the streets for a few more hours to try and hunt down this pain in my ass, I turned it over to the night shift and headed back to Jupiter Apartments. On the way there I saw Loretta Lynn McMurphy headed into the pub. I only noticed because Loretta isn't really a woman who gets out much and there are whispers around town that the only person she talks to is her dog. I gave her a nod despite her sort of glazed over look and continued heading towards my apartment. Once there I fell immediately into probably the deepest sleep of my life after one of the undoubtedly longest days of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment